Friday, June 6, 2008

HP 2133 : First Comment

Last week I posted a news of the new UMPC from Hewlett Packard, the HP 2133, here and cross posted in my Multiply. Few days later, I received comment from my online buddy about his complaints on HP 2133.

Basically, he had three major complains as follows ;

1. The pre-installed Win Vista was very slow even with 2GB RAM. He has to downgrade to Win XP by himself and find the drivers on the Internet. HP 2133 works better with Win XP

2. The unit became very hot when in use. Hotter than any other laptops he had, including the Asus EEE. I'm not sure whether this is because of HP using VIA processor instead of Intel or it's just poor cooling system and design

3. Dead pixels. His brand new laptop had several rows of dead pixels on the screen. The HP service center didn't want to replace his unit with a new one so he has to come back to the store. Luckily the store was willing to replace it with the new one

In my opinion, while point 1 and 2 are most likely design/system errors, point 3 was just a manufacturing defect which hopefully will rarely occurs.

Read his full comment (in Bahasa) here.

No comments: